THE SCHOOL HOUSE PROJECT* CONTEST
RULES & REGULATIONS
Internet access and valid email account necessary in order to participate online
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The School House Project* contest (the "Contest") commences at 12:00:01a.m. ET on August 14, 2009 and ends at 11:59:59p.m. ET on October 26, 2009 (the "Contest Period"). This Contest is brought to you by Cadbury Adams Canada Inc. (the "Contest Sponsor" or "Cadbury").
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence at the time of Contest entry and who currently reside in one of the "communities" as defined at http://www.theschoolhouseproject.ca/ (the "Contest Website").
Notwithstanding the above, this Contest is not open to employees of the Contest Sponsor, its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, Contest suppliers and judges, members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, spouses) and those with whom they are domiciled.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
To enter the Contest, visit http://www.theschoolhouseproject.ca/ during the Contest Period. From the home page, click on the "Join" icon and select your Community, from the options in the menu ("Community"). Once your Community has been selected, you will choose the number of "Virtual Bricks" (1 Brick = $1) you would like to contribute and continue to http://www.unicef.org/ to confirm your donation and provide payment information.
4. To enter without a donation, submit an original handwritten minimum 50 word essay ("Essay") on what Halloween means to you along with your name, address, phone number and Community you would like to join and send in a separate envelope with sufficient postage to: c/o Bryden McDonald, Mosaic XM, 2700 Matheson Blvd. East, West Tower, 2nd Floor, Mississauga, ON, L4W 4V9. You will earn one Brick for your Community for each unique Essay received during the Contest Period.
5. HAUNTED CELEBRATION
There will be one (1) Haunted Celebration to be awarded to the Community that contributes the most Bricks (both through donations and Essays) within the Contest Period. In the event of a tie, the Community that received the "first Brick contributed" will be the winning Community. For clarity, the "first Brick contributed" will be determined by either (i) the time at which the participant's donation and payment to Unicef has been made or (ii) in the case of a no purchase participant, the first Essay received by mail, all as determined in Contest Sponsor's sole discretion. The Haunted Celebration will take place on October 31, 2009 and will consist of a Cadbury* branded Halloween experience set up at a location of Cadbury's choosing within the winning Community on October 31st, 2009. The Halloween Celebration will depend on the location of the winning Community. Total approximate retail value of the Haunted Celebration is $28,000 (CDN) and will include setup, teardown, Halloween props, staff, event management and Cadbury* Treats.
The Haunted Celebration must be accepted as awarded, has no cash equivalent and is not transferable or refundable. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize of equal (or greater) value.
6. SELECTION PROCESS AND ODDS OF BEING THE SUCCESSFUL COMMUNITY
On October 26th, 2009 at 11:59:59 p.m. the Community that has contributed the most Bricks for The School House Project* (as indicated on the Contest Website) will be confirmed and declared the beneficiary of the Haunted Celebration. Before October 31st, 2009, Cadbury will select a suitable location for the Haunted Celebration within the boundaries of the winning Community. Once a location has been selected, the Community will be notified through local media outlets as to the time and location of the Celebration. The Haunted Celebration will not be restricted to members of the winning Community.
If for any reason, in Cadbury's sole discretion, a suitable location cannot be secured in which to setup the Haunted Celebration, Cadbury will award the retail value of the Haunted Celebration to a cause, Community organization or Community initiative of Cadbury's choosing within the winning Community.
The odds of receiving a Haunted Celebration depend on the total number of Bricks each Community contributes.
- The decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or judges are final and by entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound and abide by all of the Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these official Contest Rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsor and/or judges shall prevail. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of a dispute as to what Community a participant has joined, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsor and/or judges shall prevail.
- No communication will be entered into except with the mayor or government official in charge of the winning Community. For complete Contest Rules and the name of the winning Community, which will be available at the end of the Contest Period, please visit http://www.theschoolhouseproject.ca/.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry that is illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Contest Period. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this Contest and reserves the right, subject to the approval of the RACJ (as defined below) in Quebec, to withdraw or cancel this Contest in the event of a printing or administrative error.
- None of the Contest Entities (defined below) accept any responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded Prize or the Contest itself. By entering, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, their affiliated and related companies, the prize suppliers, retail partners and the Contest Sponsor's advertising, promotional agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Contest Entities") from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any Prize won.
- Without limiting the release of liability provisions herein, and for greater certainty, the Contest Entities will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the Contest Website or any transmission in connection with the Contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; e) any injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest, or f) any faliure of the postal service or delay in the receipt of mailed entries. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux ("RACJ") in respect of residents of Quebec (where applicable).
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entry from any individual participating in the Contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsor, if the Contest Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or where applicable, the Contest Website; to be acting in violation of the Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Sponsor's agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR(S) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By entering this Contest, you consent to the Contest Sponsor's use of your name, place of residence, Essay (if applicable) and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this Contest or future similar contests.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable laws and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Any applicable decision to be made by the Contest Sponsor affecting the conduct of this Contest is subject to a ruling of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
*Trade-mark of, or used under license by, Cadbury Adams Canada Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.